Do Muslims dislike dogs? Why?
Do Muslims dislike dogs? Why?A majority of answers suggest that Muslims as a whole do not dislike dogs as a species, though there are caveats in Islam when having dogs as pets
The main religious issue in Islam regarding dogs as pets is the variety of Islamic jurisprudential scholarly opinion about the ritual purity of dogs, which is reflected in the answers:
• Most opinions allow dogs as pets; some say only as working animals (eg guard dogs/hunting dogs)
• Most say parts of the dogs are ritually impure, but disagree which parts, ranging from the whole dog to the nose and saliva in particular.
o This is the basis for prohibiting dogs from areas of the house. Some Muslims won’t allow them in the house at all, others have areas of the house where dogs are permitted.
The practical implications of ritual impurity for Muslims is that, before prayer or handling the Qur’aan, one would have to change/wash the clothes which have been touched by ritually impure things (such as dogs’ saliva according to some opinions), and/or wash the affected parts of the body. Again, there’s difference of opinion on how thoroughly such ritual impurity should be cleansed. Some Muslims are prepared to do this regularly, others are not.
Some answers suggest that there is a large cultural component to the issue, and Muslims and non-Muslims in certain parts of the world see dogs as guard animals rather than pets.
Many answers state that they and/or other Muslims love their pet dogs, even if they aren’t allowed in parts of the house.
Several answers note that Islam teaches kindness to all living animals, including dogs.
As a summary: Dogs are considered unclean, even to touch, according to Islamic literature. Practicing muslims in some Islamic countries, however, keep them.
- The Problem of Abrogation in the Quran
- Peace or Jihad? Abrogation in Islam
- How to fast the right way during Ramadan
- The how to's of fasting1
- The Adhan: The Islamic Call to Prayer
- 10 Significant Points About the Hijrah
- A Woman's Worth
- What is "The Verse of Women" in Quran?
- Are there any texts that state the age of the earth?
- 30 facts about prophet Muhammad -PBUH-
- Muhammad Biography
- The Types of discharge you may experience after a miscarriage
- Critical Essays Fate versus Free Will
- When Your Parents Fight
- Dua’ for one who is sick
- Du'a: Muslim Prayers For Healing Sickness
- 5 Facts about Satan you may not know
- Duas Just to be Thankful and to Send Praise to Allah
- 26 Ways to Become Irresistible to Your Husband
- Was Jesus perfect?
- Was Jesus sinless?
- Origin of Easter: From pagan festivals and Christianity to bunnies and chocolate eggs
- 14 Signs It’s Infatuation Vs Love
- 30 Ways You Can Tell The Difference Between Love And Infatuation
- The Real Story Behind Valentine’s Day
- St. Valentine, the Real Story
- Past Lives: 11 Signs Your Soul Has Reincarnated Many Times
- 6 Strange Signs Your Soul Reincarnated From A Past Life
- What A Female Mid-Life Crisis Looks Like
A List Of Events During the Lifetime of Prophet (s.a.w) from the Time of his Call to Prophethood till his Death